Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday Night was Wok Night

Options
Pretty simple dish of green curried chicken and shrimp with rice.
Got the egg settled in a 400 for about 30mins or so then threw the wok in on the spider. I have found if I let the fire settle in for a while before starting to cook I can control my heat a little better. Right as I start to cook I will close the bottom vent all the way. Fire still get really hot towards the end and for a novice Wokker like myself I think my cooks have turned out better by doin it this way.
Shrimp,curry paste and onions image I had the same thing goin for the chicken,just did in two batches. Then added the chicken back in with coconut milk and fish sauce and let it simmer till the shrimp and chicken were cooked. After removing from the wok I added the greens from the onions and some fresh Thai Basil from our herb garden image And on top of rice It was a really refreshing meal for about 30mins of work. image

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Grillinois
    Grillinois Posts: 165
    Options
    That looks delicious.  I have been toying with the idea of getting a wok.  Do you use it much?
    Joliet, IL
    Large, Mini, Stoker, Smobot
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Thank for the compliment. I go in spurts. It may sit on the shelf for 2 months unused then I'll get on a kick and use it twice a week.

analyze adapt overcome

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Damn, that looks delicious!  :-bd
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Looks great. I just bought a wok, plan to season it today if the rain holds off
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    What set up did you go with for the new small??

analyze adapt overcome