Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lonesome Dove - Well, Cornish Hen for One actually. +Pix

Options
All my folks are in Delaware so it was 'please yourself'. I stuffed a Cornish Hen with a shallot, sage and parsley stuffing, dusted with home-made rub and a couple of rashers of home-made bacon.
Took a baking potato and cross-sliced it (using wooden spoons to make sure the cuts were even), par boiled then dusted with s& p and granulated garlic with olive oil, making sure the mixture got into the sliced sections. Then onto the egg to finish baking - Yukon Golds have a better texture for this but I only had the baker.
Made extra stuffing balls and served it with a Mediterranean rice salad and a rather decent Burgundy.
Dessert was leftover blueberry crisp (Martha Stewart recipe) that I did in the oven indoors yesterday with some home-made creme fraiche. 

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Oh wow, I just ate and I would tear that up.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Thanks @DMW. I'm now sedated in my TV chair polishing off that bottle of wine. ;)

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Incredible!!! I think I am going to throw the chicken breast away that I was planning to cook tonight.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • HDumptyEsq
    Options
    @Mattman. Thanks. I didn't realize how much work was involved in documenting a cook with photos with a flaming Blackberry!!! :-<

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    Love Cornish hen! Gotta try bacon "rub" next!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That looks mighty fine. The stuffing balls would disappear quickly around here.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • HDumptyEsq
    Options
    @caliking. Thanks. The stuffing reminds me of Thanksgiving. Always a favorite.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• HokieEgg
    HokieEgg Posts: 13
    Options
    That looks great! I'm in the same boat with the family away. I went with a simple jerk chicken taco and I am finishing my last few bottles of Stevens Point Nude Beach Summer Wheat on the back porch. Enjoy the quiet time!
  • HDumptyEsq
    Options
    @HokieEgg. I like the quiet for a little while but the house doesn't feel the same.. The tacos look yummy.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Brilliant. Very nicely done
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • HDumptyEsq
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Thanks@TTC. My eyes were bigger than my stomach

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    officially, that is nice
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That appears to be a rather well put-together little feast.  Nice.
    Options
    @Mickey and @nolaegghead, Thank you. A real compliment from you guys.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options

You are a Romantic Devil!

Dang that looks Good!

Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • HDumptyEsq
    Options
    @Grillmagic. Yes. Unfortunately it was just for me. I love me!! :\">

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    You know how to take care of yourself Tony. That meal looked great! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    That is truly a grand looking meal..Congrats all round. Nicely posted as well.

Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • HDumptyEsq
    Options
    @johnkitchens. I didn't have anything else to do and no-one to talk to………LOL. Told 'er indoors about the cook. She'll be home before the weekend.

Pizza tonight.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• HDumptyEsq
    Options
    @johnmitchell. Thanks, as I said, doing all that with a Blackberry is a PITA. My kids keep telling me to get in touch with today.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• HDumptyEsq
    Options
    @johnmitchell. An acquaintance of mine owns an auto auction in Greensboro - Dean Green; you may have heard of him.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    @johnmitchell. An acquaintance of mine owns an auto auction in Greensboro - Dean Green; you may have heard of him.
    No. I can't say I know that name..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    By yourself? Creme fraiche?

• HDumptyEsq
    Options
    @Eggcelsior. It's easier than you think….

2 cups heavy cream
    1/2 cup buttermilk.

Or other measures in that ratio;- 1 to 1/4

Stir them together, leave on the countertop for a couple of days, loosely covered and the mixture will thicken. Transfer to the fridge for another day and then you can slurp it on almost anything. You could even end up looking like your friend above. LLLLLLLuverly

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @Eggcelsior. It's easier than you think….

2 cups heavy cream
    1/2 cup buttermilk.

Or other measures in that ratio;- 1 to 1/4

Stir them together, leave on the countertop for a couple of days, loosely covered and the mixture will thicken. Transfer to the fridge for another day and then you can slurp it on almost anything. You could even end up looking like your friend above. LLLLLLLuverly
    Oh dear. I know full well how to make that french delight. HOWEVER:

You need to watch this ASAP.

• HDumptyEsq
    Options
    @eggcelsior. HaHaHa.  BTW is anyone looking for all those screws you've lost? :))

Tony in Brentwood, TN.