Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pizza

Options
Wood Fired Pizza in the BGE is amazing. This was my first attempt at it and it was amazing - just like everything else that comes out of the egg. This Egg was my best investment ever!!!

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    That looks amazing well done..Here's from someone who has never attempted a pizza,but have seen a lot of the other folks set up's do you not need an air gap between the PS and the pizza stone..Just asking.Like I said not an expert at all..Once again great cook..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Agreed!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited July 2014
    Options
    That's a great looking pie!

@johnmitchell, I always have a gap between my baking stone and plate setter; in addition to raising my baking stone higher up in the dome.

I've seen where others use fire bricks between the baking stone and platesetter as well.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    My stone does have some small raisers to keep it from sitting right on the plate setter but I can see where raising it more could help. I'll try that next time. Thank You.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    That looks amazing well done..Here's from someone who has never attempted a pizza,but have seen a lot of the other folks set up's do you not need an air gap between the PS and the pizza stone..Just asking.Like I said not an expert at all..Once again great cook..
    Great tip John.
    A Wok ring works well as a spacer and they are only about 3 bucks at most cooking supply stores.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas