Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Supper

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Absolutely beautiful day here in PA. Threat of storms didn't happen.

Dried some chicken leg/thigh combos in the fridge overnight. Hit them with a little rub and they went on 400* raised direct. 

Spritzed them with Butter/Vinegar/Salt/Rub a few times during the cook.

Baked beans were left over from yesterday. I simmered them in the egg for about an hour before the chicken went on. They moved over to the gasser to wait for dinner time. Used the recipe from BGE website for them. The slaw is the Sweet and Sour Slaw recipe from www.amazingribs.com

I put the plate setter in, let the temp stabilize and smoke clear from after the chicken.

Then for dessert I put on a blueberry crisp SWMBO tossed together. This was simply amazing served with some vanilla ice cream.

The best part of this Sunday supper was my parents brought my grandfather along tonight. This is a shot of 4 generations of W boys after supper. Of course my 10 year old had to make faces for all the shots. It's OK, I probably did the same at his age. He's the only great-grandparent my kids have left, so it is always nice when they get to spend time with him.

I hope everyone had an awesome weekend, enjoy what is left of it!

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments