Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temp Question

Options
loveTheEgg
loveTheEgg Posts: 573
edited July 2014 in EggHead Forum
I have never ever had a problem with temp control but on the last two low and slow cooks I have had a issue. Using the Digi Q target temp was 250 and I caught it on the way up. I set DW and bottom vent where they should be but the temp just kept climbing. It went to to 295 and them S L O W L Y started going down. Any thought on what would cause this all of a sudden? BTW the done temp and the Digi Q stayed the same the entire time. Any suggestion are very much appreciated. And sorry for the long winded message.
Brandon, MS

Comments

• tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    It could be a function of how you lit the lump - if too much was lit, it could take a while to come down.  Also, the ceramic holds the heat, making it harder to come down than to go up.
    Santa Paula, CA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Is the flap on the DigiQ on the blower staying open? I have the Stoker and the blower intake flap closes when the blower is off. But, if I'm not mistaken on the DigiQ it is possible for it to get stuck open which could cause your temperature rise.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL