Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Overnighter Pork Butt

Options
Nick_Glass
Nick_Glass Posts: 2
Decided to follow Marlon Mixons recipie...roughly. Started at 8pm with LG BGE at 230, and hit it with a mixture of soaked apple and hickory wood chips. (Chips give me the best flavor every time!) Woke up at 2am to check the butt, and it was at 155, and my dome temp had raised to 300. For the first time ever, I moved it to the oven for the night so I could get back to sleep. Woke up at 6am and butt was at 178, so I foiled it with its own drippings. It's now 8:30am and we're at 182, still in the oven. Interested how this turns out. If it's really good, this may be the way to go overnight. Question, will finishing in the oven once I hit the 155 range make me lose anything that I would've gained by egging it the whole cook? Besides my pride as a proud egger of course B-)
The less you travel, the more you "know"