Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wokkin some Green Curry Shrimp

Options
Pretty basic but had a really good taste
Chopped Green onions,white and greens separated,3 cloves of garlic,minced, Fresh Thai and regular basil from the herb garden chopped,1lb of shrimp and 1 1/4 tblsp of green curry paste image
on the egg in the wok image After adding the coconut milk and fish sauce image Off the egg and added the the basil and onion greens image And in the bowl with rice image The taste was was really close to what we have had at our favorite Thai restaurant. The final say came when the SWMBO said "Make this Again". I think I did good.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Looks tasty for sure! Makes me want to invest in a wok set up.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited July 2014
    Options
    If you do get the spider separate I had bought the woo3 and tried using it for wokkin but that was No Bueno. I cut the spider part off today and I have to say this was truly an easier wokking experience. With all respect to CGS, I think they advertised the woo3 as not an ideal wokking solution.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.