Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cast Iron Pan Seared Roast Chicken (you can cook this on anything)

Options
keepervodeflame
keepervodeflame Posts: 353
edited June 2014 in EggHead Forum
Unfortunately with the stage 2 fire restrictions in place in Prescott Az, I can't use my egg. The restrictions probably won't lift until mid or late September. Trying to be creative on the legal Weber Genesis (can't use anything that produces an ash). Here is my take on Cast Iron Pan  Seared Roast Chicken. My wife made a salad of butter lettuce, baked and crumbled proscuitto,green onions, sun flower seed hearts 

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    That's a fine looking CI yard bird! The salad looks great. My Mrs would have that salad with the breast chunked up and would be probably roughly 400-600 Calories (minus the bacon as she won't eat pork). That's a nice cook and healthy as well. Nice job. :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Looks great.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Looks awesome and need to get a CI skillet
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • keepervodeflame
    keepervodeflame Posts: 353
    edited June 2014
    Options
    NPHusker, 

Here is the dressing for my wife's butter lettuce,  orange, green onion, sun flower seed hearts,  and prosciutto salad. You can keep the proscuitto on the side and put it on your salad (nice and crunchy tasty). We think its pretty healthy, we are trying to cut down on simple carbs.. 

1 tsp orange zest

1 Tbsp Dijon mustard

1 Tbsp honey

3 Tbsp White wine vinegar

2 Tbsp orange juice

1/2 cup olive oil