Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cast Iron Pan Seared Roast Chicken (you can cook this on anything)

keepervodeflamekeepervodeflame Posts: 353
edited June 2014 in EggHead Forum
Unfortunately with the stage 2 fire restrictions in place in Prescott Az, I can't use my egg. The restrictions probably won't lift until mid or late September. Trying to be creative on the legal Weber Genesis (can't use anything that produces an ash). Here is my take on Cast Iron Pan  Seared Roast Chicken. My wife made a salad of butter lettuce, baked and crumbled proscuitto,green onions, sun flower seed hearts 

Comments

• NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,463
    That's a fine looking CI yard bird! The salad looks great. My Mrs would have that salad with the breast chunked up and would be probably roughly 400-600 Calories (minus the bacon as she won't eat pork). That's a nice cook and healthy as well. Nice job. :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Looks great.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Ladeback69Ladeback69 Posts: 4,369
    Looks awesome and need to get a CI skillet
    XL, WSM, Little Kahuna, Coleman RoadTrip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • keepervodeflamekeepervodeflame Posts: 353
    edited June 2014
    NPHusker, 

Here is the dressing for my wife's butter lettuce,  orange, green onion, sun flower seed hearts,  and prosciutto salad. You can keep the proscuitto on the side and put it on your salad (nice and crunchy tasty). We think its pretty healthy, we are trying to cut down on simple carbs.. 

1 tsp orange zest

1 Tbsp Dijon mustard

1 Tbsp honey

3 Tbsp White wine vinegar

2 Tbsp orange juice

1/2 cup olive oil