Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Egg is Feeling Neglected

Options
Since getting my egg I have cooked 4 days per week on her for the past two years. I was all geared up for summer grilling, smoking, etc. my egg doesn't see much weekend action in the summer. My parents have a place on the Chesapeake Bay and we are there most weekends. As a teacher I have summers off so I can play cool stuff to make throughout the week...and then it happened.

I got a new job as a principal. It's a 12 month position and my head is swimming with work stuff. My egg was cooked on for the first time in over a week tonight. I'm sure it will get better but I really love cooking and am fearful that I won't have as much time for it. On the bright side, I've been applying for jobs for 3 years and finally landed one.
Mark Annville, PA

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Congrats on the new position! Yeah, its a bummer when work gets in the way of egging, but it should be worth it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Congrats on the new job. The egging will come you just have to get in the swing of things. Sounds like the hard work paid off. :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Yeah.  I remember hearing a nasally voice on the PA:  "Mr. Flintstone to the principal's office!"  Good times! 

Flint, Michigan
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Congrats on the new job, and I promise you, your Egg will wait faithfully for you when you have the time to dance with her.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Congrats.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Congrats on the promotion... now take some of that big money and get an egg for your parents place on the weekend ;)
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Way to go! You've earned it. Depending on how big your staff is, you should do some egging for them from time to time (if it's possible). I'm sure they will love you for it. As others have said, you'll get into the swing of things and still find the time. @hapster 's right, you need to buy one for the place on the bay.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Thanks guys. The egg at the bay has been a thought but will probably wait until I have my own place, or when I buy their place from them. Also, I am installing new hardwood in our house so my money will be going elsewhere.
    Mark Annville, PA