Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheese-less Pizza

Options
So I know what you're thinking. Who in their right mind would make a cheese-less pizza?

Here's the story. My wife and I had our first baby back in December. Our daughter was having issues with reflux, so while she's nursing my wife can't have dairy or caffeine. She hasn't had a good pizza in six months, so I decided to try and make her one.

Due to time restraints, I wasn't able to make my own sauce and dough. I went with store bought dough and chunky marinara sauce. I added red bell pepper, sweet onions, pineapple, pepperoni, and baby spinach. The spinach was more for color than taste. I cooked it at about 425 for 20 minutes.

I was surprised at how well it came out. The pineapple added a sweetness that went great with the salty pepperoni and tangy marinara. My wife loved it and my daughter had no reflux issues. It's definitely worth trying if you're having to stay away from cheese for a while.

Comments