Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Idea for the soccer game today...

Options
Im at the firehouse today and trying to cook for 5 guys but want something different. I usually do a butt (turbo) smoked baked beans (with jalapeños and bacon) and cornbread. I was hoping for a different idea that would wow the guys. The only rules are I have to use the KJ Jr since its kept here at the station in my wall locker.   any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. I have to go out shortly to get the food and stuff to cook from the grocery store. 
Beaufort, SC

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Not sure what would wow them but, how about beef and chicken fajitas?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Smoked meat loaf or pulled stout beef
    Greensboro, NC
  • chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Options

Soccer today...USA vs Portugal...right!   Try some fresh Portuguese Sardines, Churrasco (Beef) or Linguica (smoked cured sausage), as seen at our local Portuguese Festa recently.

imageimageimage
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Or spatchcock chicken with Piri Piri Sauce.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    So, what did you go with?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    chashans said:

Soccer today...USA vs Portugal...right!   Try some fresh Portuguese Sardines, Churrasco (Beef) or Linguica (smoked cured sausage), as seen at our local Portuguese Festa recently.

Please tell me how to find fresh sardines.  Yum!
    NOLA
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
  • chashans
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    chashans said:

Yes, they are delicious just like you see them being barbecued here. I was with those guys this morning at the soccer pitch. Let me send out a few emails to them...right now the game is starting in a few minutes. If I do not get back to you in a day or to...nudge and remind me again.  chashans. 
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• chashans
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    chashans said:

buzd504, where are you located?

• plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    Options
    I was limited to the ingredients so i went with an easy juicy lucy burger, bbq sauce (light coat) crispy bacon, jalapeños fresh jack cheese and fried egg... ice cream for each ff as dessert. Worked like a charm...I will be messing with some of the sausage and sardines soon. I am intrigued by it but not a good shot when I'm trying for first time with a few ffs. they get grumpy when food is not great (very spoiled here)
    Beaufort, SC
  • chashans
    Options
    I was limited to the ingredients so i went with an easy juicy lucy burger, bbq sauce (light coat) crispy bacon, jalapeños fresh jack cheese and fried egg... ice cream for each ff as dessert. Worked like a charm...I will be messing with some of the sausage and sardines soon. I am intrigued by it but not a good shot when I'm trying for first time with a few ffs. they get grumpy when food is not great (very spoiled here)
    I know...my son is a paramedic/fireman in San Diego County.