Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Italian Beef Question

Options

I've been using a recipe for Italian beef that I cannot find again.  I searched here (because I thought I found the recipe here) and read thru large marges recipe, which is similar, but not the one.  Anyway, I normally wouldn't have any concern, but I'm making it for about 80 people for my parents 50th anniversary party that I'm hosting in a few weeks.  The last time I made my recipe was on Mother's day and it turned out fantastic, and I guess I'm looking for some input since it's going to be a large group.  Here goes:

Top round roast, fat trimmed and seasoned well

Egged at 400* until internal is ~125*

Make Au Jus - sweat onions in olive oil, add a little flour for rugh, rub, cup of red wine, and then box-o-beef broth plus any drippings

Slice roast thin

Once the Au Jus is cooked down add it and the meat to a dutch oven and cook covered at 275* for 2 (+-) hours

This really seams to break down the meat and make it very tender along with marrying all the seasoning. 

Anyone else done Italian beef this way???

Comments