Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Alton Brown's YouTube Channel

Options
I'm enjoying AB's channel.  Have you seen it?  (obligatory disclaimer:  I'm not affiliated with it.)
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I enjoy it. Watched his skirt steak video yesterday.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I've been giving serious thought to making my own cooking channel.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Haven't seen the AB youtube channel, but enjoyed one of his books on cooking. He seems to be a good TV personality. I will have to check it out.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    There are times when I can't stand his shows on TV. His supercilious superiority is pukable. BUT he knows what he's talking about and is a very accomplished cook. I haven't seen his YouTube channel but will check it out. You've raised my curiosity.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

There are times when I can't stand his shows on TV. His supercilious superiority is pukable. BUT he knows what he's talking about and is a very accomplished cook. I haven't seen his YouTube channel but will check it out. You've raised my curiosity.

That's actually the best part about his channel. Small doses. His kitsch gets to me too at times.
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Why do all those personalities stand there with their hands on their hips? Assumed authority?

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Maybe everyone will feel better about Alton knowing he's a god fearin' christian, not a satan worshiping educated science guy:

Brown is a Christian. Brown says, "I'm not a spooky snake handler because I live in Georgia and I'm Christian, that I believe in the Bible, that I travel with the Bible, that I read the Bible every day. I'm still me. I'm still a guy doing a job. I find, actually, that people ask me a lot about it. I don't hit people over the head with the Bible ... I still feel a funny little tinge in my stomach when I'm out to dinner with my wife and daughter in New York (nolaegghead comment - SATAN CENTRAL!!!) . We'll go to dinner and we'll be sitting around the table and we'll say Grace. You know what? People are going to stare at you. I used to feel really self-conscious. But I've gotten to a point where I think, nah, I'm not going to feel bad about that. I'm not going to apologize about that."
    Options
    @nolaegghead, are you moving to Oklahoma if Baphomet gets installed?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @nolaegghead, are you moving to Oklahoma if Baphomet gets installed?
    I don't think so @eggcelsior.  As much as Baphomet has a great pair of tits, I just can't see myself anywhere but NOLA.
    Options
    Maximum lulz with that.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I can really ice a thread, can't I.

Flint, Michigan