Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

World Cup Snacks

Options
DominicMagestic
DominicMagestic Posts: 110
edited June 2014 in EggHead Forum
Not a huge fútbol fan but as the former goalie of Santo Augustinos 5th and 6th grade team and having had the opportunity to go to the Scotland Brazil match in Seville in 1982, I do watch some of the World Cup games. So we need some snacks

Salsa two ways and kale chips

Getting happy

Ready for the Vitamix. Seeds from half a jalapeno in salsa verde and whole jalapeno in salsa rojo. Two tomatoes on the side to chop after blending to chunk it up.

Ready for action

Salsa mightyfine

KALE?!! With some exceptions, I will try anything once. My tree hugging niece in California raves about kale chips. BTW - I don't have anything against tree huggers, trees, huggies, and hugging is a favorite pastime. Kale chip pushing tree huggers are nice people.

Kale wasn't crunchy so I put it in the oven a bit. Dusted the kale with parmesan. Think I may have overcooked but I categorize it as:

1) Wouldn't serve to anyone
2) If I was served some, I would try provided there was plenty beer on hand and a spit-tune close by
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
aka Frank from Houma eggin in Corpus Christi
Geaux Tigers - Who Dat

Comments

• itsmce
    itsmce Posts: 410
    Options
    Salsa looks good, not so sure about the kale.
    Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS
  • nick_banich
    nick_banich Posts: 110
    Options
    DominicMagestic  I always roast my peppers on the coals.  Adds a cool factor to it, makes me feel more like a man, and is much faster.

-Large BGE since 6-13
    -Indianapolis, IN

• Searat
    Searat Posts: 80
    Options
    The Kale is definitely over cooked. Wife makes the chips with olive oil and cracked salt as a leaf then breaks it into smaller pieces after cooking. Salt makes you thirsty for that beer or glass of wine. But with the salsa looking that good, I'd go with Margaritas. Nice job my friend

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    great looking salsa
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Cook the kale like collard greens. Much better that way.
  • apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    Options
    Those salsas look delicious! What were your ratios of ingredients in each? I can count what you had in the pic, but what went where?
    Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    Those salsas look great. I make salsa verde similarly, will now try rojo sometime.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DominicMagestic
    Options
    Salsa verde 5 tomatillos 1/2 medium onion 2 jalapeños (seeds from 1/2 jalapeño - more or less to preference) 4 cloves garlic Juice of one lime Same for salsa rojo - will double the onion and garlic next time and leave the seeds and membrane from both jalapeños. Good luck with it
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
    aka Frank from Houma eggin in Corpus Christi
    Geaux Tigers - Who Dat