Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just bought a Large Egg and almost done with my table

Options
Fifty150
Fifty150 Posts: 1
edited June 2014 in EGG Table Forum
I bought a large Big Green Egg at the Eggfest in Upland, CA last Saturday. Its still in the box in my garage while I build the table. The table is almost done and I should be cooking on Saturday for the first time. I've been lurking for about 6 months while I convinced my wife I needed a BGE. Can't hardly wait as I've been trying to get this table done. I borrowed some tools, saw, router etc and downloaded the table plan from the nakedwhiz website. Used red oak and it turned out ok for a total amateur. [IMG]http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/fify150/1359c643baa60a3bfaf11512836e9e23.jpg[/IMG]

Comments

• corb69
    corb69 Posts: 155
    Options
    Nice. That's my next project. I'm tired of the nest.
  • PMG
    PMG Posts: 50
    Options
    @Fifty150 I was there at the EggFest in Upland!  My 1st one!  Had a great time!  Love the classes and the food was awesome!  Glad to see you finally break down and get an EGG!  Kudos!  Enjoy!
  • Keefer
    Keefer Posts: 120
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Welcome! That is a good looking table. Are you sure you are an amature? :) Your table looks almost exactly like mine. It was difficult to do - but when I was at this point, I completely disassembled mine and put three coats of spar varnish on all surfaces of every part of it. I put extra coats on all the end grain. It was a week of coating, drying, turning and on and on.... but now I am completely water resistant. It's something to consider. imageimage
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Welcome! Looks good. FYI, you can get the image inline in the body of your post. Click the "Insert Image" button in the toolbar and paste the HTML to the image. Here's your table from above:

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker