Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nice XL Table but Expensive

Options
http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Outdoor/Kamado-BBQ-Islands/Large-Kamado-BBQ-Island-Weathered-Brown Above is nice XL table/cabinet I would like to have, but not for the price. I think I can build it for the third of the cost.
XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    thats not a bad looking table……i love the one i recently purchased, which can be seen as my avatar.  i wish i possessed the tools, time and patience to build one…..but i don't……so i went ahead and paid a premium to get the table i wanted!  but there are tons of super cool hand built ones out there.
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    Here's another

I seen that one on EBay for about $1800 I think. It should last a while. I had a guy tonight give me an estimate to build what I want out of stone and would cost around $12,000. That's crazy, I was nice and said I would get back to him. I am looking at other options with wall pavers.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Ladeback69 said:
    I seen that one on EBay for about $1800 I think. It should last a while. I had a guy tonight give me an estimate to build what I want out of stone and would cost around $12,000. That's crazy, I was nice and said I would get back to him. I am looking at other options with wall pavers.
    $12,000? Holy crap! I hope for that price it is whole stones and not stone veneer. I got stone veneer on mine and it was about the same price as EP Henry cast stone veneer. I just paid a little more for labor to install.

SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • Ladeback69
    Options
    Ladeback69 said:
    $12,000? Holy crap! I hope for that price it is whole stones and not stone veneer. I got stone veneer on mine and it was about the same price as EP Henry cast stone veneer. I just paid a little more for labor to install.

It is whole stones and he didn't want to put it on the pad i had, because he didn't know if it would handle the weight. That would be even more money. I am looking at DIYBBQ site which is steel boxes or making it out of wood. I am just not physically able to do any work myself right now and that sucks, because I have all these ideas and i know i could build it if I was able. I think i am just going to get a simple table built by someone for right now or just wait tell I am able, which will be around September.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    I was going to go the steel stud route. But, after I figured out materials, it was just as cheap or cheaper to go cinder block for the base.

SE PA
  • Tspud1
    Options
    I was going to go the steel stud route. But, after I figured out materials, it was just as cheap or cheaper to go cinder block for the base.

I did one a few years ago with steel studs and real stone. Granite tops but I didn't think the storage
    out very well. Real stone and it's on casters
  • Ladeback69
    Options

Did mortar the joints or glued them? I was thinking of using them, but leave the back side open for storage.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    Did a full counter with a gasser. No storage except for propane tank.

SE PA
  • Tspud1
    Options

Mortar joints, another done with Viking grill
    Did mortar the joints or glued them? I was thinking of using them, but leave the back side open for storage.