Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The XXL Does Eggist

Options
13»

Comments

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    The plate setter weights 38 lb and is pretty big. :P
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Sailor71 said:

@badinfluence‌ & @FanOfFanboys‌ $3,730 is Egg only. $4,695 Includes Egg, PS, nest and delivery to home (roll up to garage or porch so long as it is a flat surface) per this dealer. Again for the $$$ me, myself & I would not buy it for the reasons I already listed. However, I hope whom ever does take that plunge enjoys their new XXLBGE (which I'm sure they will).

I don't want to cause friction here but for that kind of money I would step up to my Dream Komodo Kamado

Better check again on a kimono kama do more like 6800.00 for one about the size of a large.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Sailor71 said:
    @badinfluence‌ & @FanOfFanboys‌ $3,730 is Egg only. $4,695 Includes Egg, PS, nest and delivery to home (roll up to garage or porch so long as it is a flat surface) per this dealer. Again for the $$$ me, myself & I would not buy it for the reasons I already listed. However, I hope whom ever does take that plunge enjoys their new XXLBGE (which I'm sure they will).
    I don't want to cause friction here but for that kind of money I would step up to my Dream Komodo Kamado

Agreed. The "big bad" Komodo kamado (the name they gave it) is 32" compared to the xxl bge at 29". I would sell all five of my eggs for that one, but sadly I think I would still need about 3k to get it.
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Just out of curiosity... are there many aftermarket goodies for the XXL's?
    I'm thinking of things like the AR's or woos.
    My guess it they may be slow to follow based on the rate of sales.
    Cool looking egg though!!
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Well its here at my dealers but won't get delivered till next Monday now as they can't deliver it today and I leave tomorrow do work till Sunday. But did get to see it all stacked up on the pallets...lol. Guess it's a limited edition one as it is one of the first 1000 made. Didn't know that.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    @badinfluence‌ - it should indeed be a limited edition and say so right on the dome:
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And I would think you'd also get a certificate:
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Ladeback69
    Options
    Here is another photo of the XXL with the whole family in a row. This is the only XXL in KC.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • badinfluence
    Options
    This is the only xxl in clinton iowa..
    yeah at my house now. :D

Clinton, Iowa
  • JPakaPope
    JPakaPope Posts: 32
    Options
    @Ladeback69‌ which dealer has it in KC?
    Ames, Iowa
  • badinfluence
    Options

Here is another photo of the XXL with the whole family in a row. This is the only XXL in KC.

Just curious how much were they asking for it. Yeah kinda curious if I got hosed

Clinton, Iowa
  • Ladeback69
    Options
    KC BBQ Source, 2101 Kara Ct, Liberty, Mo. Its in the Hot Spot Pool and Spa store . They have a great store. @ JPakaPope, do you live in KC?

Kansas City, Mo.
  • JPakaPope
    JPakaPope Posts: 32
    Options
    @Ladeback69‌ not anymore. I lived in KC for 9 years and now Ames IA. On our multiple visits each year, I usually pick up Ozark Oak in Olathe or Rockwood at KC BBQ source...so I've been to that store several times. Great people. Can't wait to stop by next time.
    Ames, Iowa