Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Platesetter Storage?

Options
2»

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    IMO, the brackets are nice for holding frequently used item for handy access. Long term storage of all grids might best be done on a shelf or deck box. In doing this exercise, I decided that I want another bracket for the other side, BUT they will not be where I permanently store grids and the platesetter. They will be used to hold a hot platesetter for reverse searing for example and hot grids. General storage of cold grids & platesetter will be in the egg or on a shelf at my house.
    Flint, Michigan
  • williamadamsesq
    Options
    The gas grill makes a good set of shelves to set hot things on. Glad there's some usefulness to the damn things.
  • IdahoEggMan
    IdahoEggMan Posts: 14
    Options
    Great pictures.. Exactly what I was looking for, really appreciate you taking the time.. I'm going to order some right now.
  • tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone - thanks for the pictures, that really justified my order today.  Would you some time be able to get a picture of where you drilled in to the nest for the holes.  I'm still in the debate of drilling new holes or removing two bolts from the nest and handler.
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    The front used an existing hole.
    The nest handler covered the corresponding hole in the rear so a new hole was needed.
    Flint, Michigan