Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who Uses Your BGE?

Options
2»

Comments

• fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    Single user. ME
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    The eggs are my domain and everyone likes it that way.  They think I am nuts but they get to benefit from the fact that I cook some kickass food.  Making lamb chops right now!!! Direct raised grid.  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Just me. The wife has no interest.
    ditto
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Options
    I do the cooking in our household, inside or out. Mostly outside.
    Kemah, TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Mostly me, but I encourage anyone, who wants, to use it.  I usually delegate filling, lighting and grilling whenever people ask "Anything I can do to help?" (when a group of people are here).  Have some egger friends, but I'll throw a novice in the mix, with supervision.
    You have learned to keep your guests busy, helping with the egging chores - we've all seen what happens when you did it all yourself allowing them to type "true" messages on your logged in computer, don't ask don't tell......
    hahahah....indeed.  I totally blamed the wrong person too.  But the culprit fessed up.  That night had egging and a crawfish boil, accompanied by plenty of adult beverage. 
    Options
    Just me as well, but that was the same with the gasser. I cook outside, Mrs. TJ and I share inside, with the occasional inside cook by our son.
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I am the only one who uses the egg and wife doesn't want know how at all. She didn't like cooking on our gas grill either. She does like me doing all the cooking now.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    Just me but she feigns interest from time to time!
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Yep, I am the only one at the Sugar Shack who uses the BGE.  However, whenever there's a party, people always come to my area of the yard where the EGGs are kept to check them out.
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    My wife has cooked on the egg once. She knows how to light it and get the temps stable. She wasn't comfortable with the gasser either. In general she isn't that comfortable cooking meat. She's getting better since we got the thermopen.

The egg is my toy but if she wants to use it she can. I couldn't have afforded it without her salary. My friends, now that's a different story. One friend has an egg so he gets to use it. The others haven't asked and I'd probably say no without coaching them. Mostly because when a non egger thinks charcoal they think lighter fluid.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,535
    Options
    Just me.  Occasionally I'd call a family member to adjust the vents when I'm away.
    canuckland
  • Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    Just me as well, my wife loves the fact I enjoy cooking so much outdoors and she enjoys the meals, so its a win for everyone around our household.  I am in a BGE heavy neighborhood, so walking the dog can be quite entertaining trying to guess who is Eggin what?  My dog and I seem to both be drooling and walking most nights! 
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    Currently I'm the sole user.  I'd love to have the GFU learn to fire it up, and set the temp, so it would be ready to roll when I get home after her.  She loves the weed torch, and has given it a try.  But she's cautious around the egg - probably not a bad thing.
    Santa Paula, CA
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    I am the primary Egger in the family and smoker and q'er. The other half can work the egg/grill/open pit but prefers to come up with cook ideas and let me execute them.
    When he does cook it is always delish.
    Mainly I cook he does dishes...that is the winning combo for us.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    I cook inside and on the Egg 99% of the time. Once a year MDSH cooks Cajun smoked turkeys for the family on Thanksgiving and that has only happened in the past 2 years. That old boy did learn a new trick. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    I'm the only one that uses the Egg... however, my wife will fire up the Traeger wood pellet grill on her own. I think its because it takes a little more effort to get the egg fired up than the other option. She likes them both... especially since I do most of the work  3:-O
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    @mcmac‌ how do you like the pellet grill in comparison to the egg? I think I would've gotten one if I hadn't gotten the egg.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    This past year my wife has started to light and use the Mini on her own and likes using it. Now that her eyebrows and bangs has grown back after the Large "incident" she still has no use for the Larges.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Me and me alone. SWMBO does the SS clock inside. I have full control of the eggs. We tag team a lot, she does something to go along with what I am doing, and it works real good for us. We both enjoy preparing meals.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • eggLaTech
    eggLaTech Posts: 28
    Options
    Just me. But I am sure, with some instruction, my wife would make adjustments for me.
    Baton Rouge, La - I'm going to quit procrastinating.......starting tomorrow.
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    @mcmac‌ how do you like the pellet grill in comparison to the egg? I think I would've gotten one if I hadn't gotten the egg.

They are pretty different as you may imagine, but we really like the pellet grill for its ease of use. Flip a switch and you have fire. Works very good for smoking but is no where near as versatile as the egg. While steaks turn out good, they take a long time to cook and you can't sear them.
    With that said, I'm really glad to have both, but if I could only have one, I would choose the egg because it doesn't require as much maintenance (no moving parts or hot rod, fans etc) and you have more cooking options available.

XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    These eggs are mine, if my wife wants to use an egg, she will need to get her own.
  • vettman
    vettman Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm the only user.  What I have found everyone is too scared to get near it.  They don't want to be the ones to damage it...and thats fine with me.  lol  EggOn!!

Doug

LG, MiniMax BGE