Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When you get the notion put your backfield in motion ......

Options
Headed to Longwood gardens this weekend to do a little camping with some friends to celebrate my Bday and Mother's Day. Cooking a butt to enjoy tomorrow night. Nothing better than a weekend with family, friends, good food, good drinks and Mother Nature! Saturday night will be steaks over the campfire with baked potatoes cooked in the coals finished with a half and half mixture of butter and Boursin Cheese (whipped). If you have never had that butter cheese mixture give it a shot and I would recommend making extra, it goes fast and everyone wants seconds!

photo 42EA6EC7-2F82-4995-9432-50429D17A70D_zpsyymtjpze.jpg

photo 8217D5E0-507C-425D-9E4E-92F5A06A0007_zpsgagpvvfn.jpg

photo C520B1CB-0733-4BBB-A0B2-440EABB352C3_zpsph6993jt.jpg

photo 34997923-5C83-41D7-8A70-93D03A6A2E7D_zpshux5ywxa.jpg

photo 06A96F28-BA80-40B2-A122-2E2A96B3CCCB_zps9pty4xad.jpg
Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!

Comments

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Oh and the camper.
    photo null_zpsaec64dde.jpg
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Sounds like a good time all the way around!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Everything looks great! Heading up to the boundary waters (Minnesota/Canada) in a few weeks. Was going to bring the small but I'm thinking the large will be needed for the group. Fun times!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    Thanks guys! Been looking forward to the first trip for a while now for sure!

Here's a little slaw to go with that big ole booty!
    photo 7D951D4B-67AD-4274-AA83-BF2ECF83ADF1_zpss27fukgj.jpg
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    @WeberWho?‌ Enjoy you trip and be safe! Sounds like a good group if you need the large!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    That slaw looks so good I just licked my monitor. Enjoy, should be a beautiful time of year for Longwood.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Great looking grub and beautiful setup! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• WeberWho
    edited May 2014
    Options
    @GeorgeS‌

I'm volunteering with some other adults to take 70+ Junior/Senior High School kids camping for four days. One of the other gym teachers knows all about the egg. He spread the word that I was bringing "the egg". At this point I think the small is out of the question for the teachers. Was hoping to stay away from bringing the large but they already are starting to make plans on what they want to cook on it! :-t :)) Will be fun. The one teacher has one of those red Acorn grills and has always wanted to try out an egg. Should be a good time. Wish I had something like what you're pulling behind your Ram. That's super nice!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GeorgeS
    edited May 2014
    Options
    @WeberWho?‌ That sounds painful with 70 teenagers! You are a very brave man! Damn how many adults are you guys bringing to keep that under control? Sounds like all you need to do is bring the grill. Let them bring the food and you can supervise! My wife and I decided a couple years ago we needed to get the girls away on the weekends as much as possible instead of them hibernating for the summer and playing games and surfing the net. They really like to camp and my wife is the bomb when it comes to planing activities. She keeps them so involved with everything. I am in awe of her ability to interact with our kids and keep things positive. I sold an 85 Mustang GT Convertible, my Volvo S60R and she put off getting a new car for a few more years to buy the truck and the camper. I have a work truck I drive on weekdays so the fuel doesn't kill me commuting in the Ram.
  • WeberWho
    edited May 2014
    Options
    @GeorgeS‌

It's a very nice set up you have. Sure beats a tent and cots.

I think we have 7 adults going. It's a gym class where they learn about camping, climbing, and canoeing. It's a great way for kids to learn different type of outdoor activities. No kids can go on the trip if they have been in trouble with the school in the past. Any kids that do misbehave can't walk when graduating. Helps stop most of them from making stupid decisions. The ones who have made not so smart decisions in the past end up dealing with local authorities and having their parents drive up north 7 hours to pick them up. Could you even imagine that 7 hour car ride home with your parents after getting in trouble? Shoot me now! Put me in the slammer and throw away the key. That ride would be pure hell. As the gym teachers say, "If you're going to make stupid decisions I'd highly suggest you save them for a different weekend". The kids have a blast and we give them their space. It's all about them having fun and learning something or two along the way.

Minnesota
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    @WeberWho?‌ It sounds like you guys have set everything up for an awesome weekend. I can't think of any point in my life where I think I would have made it home without some serious ass whooping if my dad had to pick me up from anything because of bad behavior. I used to get my butt kicked for forgetting to put "Sir or Ma'am" behind anything I said to an adult. Even after the adult told me I didn't have to say it. Now days it's a rarity to her those word spoken! You can bet your ass I take the time to thank any kid who does use it for their manors!! Hope you guys have a blast.
  • WeberWho
    Options
    @GeorgeS‌
    Thanks. You guys as well. Safe travels

Minnesota
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    Is it wrong that I'm standing in the kitchen at 1:40am pulling pork and eating crispy bits of skin? Damn this is good!

photo FA2656A8-BF39-41E7-9AC8-BE6A61C5EE91_zpsuhxo1wrb.jpg

photo B8B2591B-C52C-4BAC-9141-A4E112E03314_zpsqcs8d6nv.jpg

photo BCB209BB-4EB4-4AD2-BE8F-470421B775DD_zpstkefdi74.jpg