Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Will dealers take smalls in trade for a Maxi-Mini?

Options
2»

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options

@Miked125 The beat on the street is that they do not get hot enough due to an inadequate air vent at the base.

I can get mine up to about 800.  I'd love for someone to ship me a small (tee hee) that won't get hot so I could play with it.

I must have your smalls brother!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    RRP said:
    I pondered this question deep in another thread last night. I still believe it deserves to see the light of day - what do you think will be the answer?

For years it has been the practice that dealers will take an older used egg back in trade for an upgrade. With so many small owners who don't like them (UNLIKE me and some others though), then I wonder if the line will "be out the door" with unhappy small owners when dealers get the new Maxi-Mini in stock. If nothing else I wonder what this will do to the used small price since I assume dealers don't want to eat all those smalls - though corporate won't either. Used smalls may become very cheap...just sayin...

Damn Ron! I just saw a flock of winged pigs fly over the house.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    My dealer said he is expecting it sometime in may. He also told me the problem with xxl getting to the dealer is shipping. They keep breakin.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    LOL - so then you think my idea floated the other night of being a clearinghouse to match up unhappy small owners with willing buyers will work? Of course I could cut you in as my Canadian business partner! I'll have zippy work up language and then have my bank send you the wire transfer instructions for your modest buy-in at only $250k - that's in US dollars of course...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    I would buy a used small if I did not have to cook so much food so often.

Large grills for me and my pack (aka family).

"You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Hi que grate and mine goes nuclear with ease. I love it.

Little Rock, AR