Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Half Moon Griddle that's the right size for an XL Egg

Options
There's a new option for XL egg owners looking for a Halfmoon griddle for their XL eggs. The BGE mothership has never realeased an XL egg sized Halfmoon griddle. I apologize upfront that this Halfmoon is accessory from Kamado Joe which is a BGE competitor. In all honesty it's a cast iron griddle with no brand logos on after you toss out the box. I don't think you'll offend the mothership. The win here is for XL Egg owners looking for a 24 long by 12 inch wide diameter Halfmoon griddle that fits the XL Egg like a glove that's well priced. This will alow XL Egg owners more room to squeeze on more burgers and steaks to sear them to perfection. http://www.thegardengates.com/Reversible-Cast-Iron-Half-Moon-Griddle-BigJoe-p30363.aspx
2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited April 2014
    Options
    That is pretty cool!  There are a couple of recipes in APL serious BBQ that have a technique of "grilled and griddled".  This probably goes without saying...but it involves cooking on both the grill and the griddle :)..moving the meat between the two.  This would be great for something like that.  

I am also interested to see what the KJ flexible cooking system is going to cost and if it will fit the eggs.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Charcoal_Addict
    Options
    The XL Egg has been out for years. I've always wonder why the BGE Mothership has never released a XL sized Halfmoon griddle of their own. Personally I prefer griddles and a full bodied caramelized crust on steaks and burgers. Regardless of the brand we all want to squeeze as much we can on a big grill. There's plenty of BGE accessories that I own. I have the BGE Paella Pan, BGE ash tool, BGE raised XL Halfmoon rack, BGE ash pan, Woo2, Spider, and BGE grill light.
    2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring