Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Onion stuffed hamburgers

Options
JM3
JM3 Posts: 272
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Gotta love Vidalia onions. I sliced up two onions today and sauted them till the started turning brown. I then made some hamburgers that I stuffed with the cooked onions and a slice of swiss cheese. Cooked for about twenty to twenty-five minutes at 280 and put them on a good roll with some good brown mustard, to die for. Sorry no pics. They went too quick. [p]John

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    vdburger3.jpg
    <p />JM3,[p]Are those good or what? I actually placed the onion inside the burger with a pat of butter and Raging River. Flipped once to get the onion done, flipped back to finish.[p]vdburger1.jpg[p]Mike
  • Salmon
    Salmon Posts: 146
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Burgers are about my favorite food. Thanks for the idea Mike, I'll have to give that a shot soon, looks very good.[p]Rick

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Rick,[p]Really sorry I couldn't make it. Did Juggy show up?[p]Mike
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    That looks great, I have been thinking about trying ABT stuffed burgers, bacon on the outside of the beef of course. Could be an interesting taste....jalapeno and cream cheese when you bite into the burger.....mmmmm....going grocery shopping tomorrow.......mmmmmm

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Salmon
    Salmon Posts: 146
    Options
    GAB002.jpg
    <p />Car Wash Mike,[p]Yep, Juggy made it along with one of my old team mates. Three days off bbq. Endured hot weather, cold weather, high winds, and rain. They had me stuck in the middle of a bunch of Texans and Okie's...man them guys can cook. Got to meet Carol, a texan who cooks on Eggs as well as a Backwoods Fatboy like myself.[p]Here's a pic of some chicken that got me a call to the stage.[p]Rick
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    bacon2.jpg
    <p />Squeeze,[p]That does sound interesting. I usually cook my bacon the egg. Let me know,[p]Mike
  • Squeeze
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    We do ours on the egg too. Try a ham steak when you get a chance. Goes great with biscuits done on the egg too.

Kevin Jacques
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    hey, i thought that was your chicken???? ;o)

• Unknown
    Options
    Salmon,That's one pretty turn in box !!! Still don't know HOW you get 8 pieces in a box.

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Where'd you learn that trick? :)
  • Squeeze
    Options
    JSlot,
    From the master himself....

Kevin Jacques
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

• JSlot
    Options
    Didn't feel very masterful this weekend in Hickory. LOL. We ended up 17th out of 41 overall. Got a some hardware in ribs (10th) and a definite improvement in brisket (13th). We would have been in the top 10 if I hadn't decide to use our vinegar sauce on the pork instead of the tried and true red sauce. I think the pork was 35th or something like that. It was a great contest, though. This is a must-do competition IMHO. You guys need to put it on the schedule next year. Oh, as a side note, the Smokin' Okies won the GC. The use an Egg, but I'm not sure what they cook on it. Congrats to them!![p]Jim
  • Squeeze
    Options
    JSlot,
    10th in ribs is pretty good. Sounds like it was a good time at least. We are going to be looking at some sauce on our pork. We turned in a dry (no sauce) plate and I think that may have been part of our trouble there. We are looking at Decatur in September and Demopolis in December. Would do Lawrenceburg in June but Tammy and I are going to the Bahamas....dang...Hope all is well!

Kevin Jacques
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

• JSlot
    Options
    I think the Bahamas is the right choice! Tough call, though. I'm sure Tammy's vote weighed in more than yours. LOL. You guys take care![p]Jim
  • JSlot
    Options
    I was wonderin' the same thing, Ken. I can't find small thighs with a consistent size anywhere around here.[p]Jim
  • Squeeze
    Options
    JSlot,
    Yea, not much say there. It was like...Honey, we are going to the Bahamas on this date. Take off of work. and I said...yes dear.

Kevin Jacques
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com