Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do I calibrate the thermometer on the egg ?

Options
Mine is way off and want to calibrate it ,
thanks

Toronto

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    Boil water on the stove, thermometer should read 212°. If it doesn't, there's a little hex nut that can be adjusted behind the face of the thermometer.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @pantsypants‌... Roaring boiling water with probe in water should read 212℉ at sea level. Adjust as needed with adjustment nut.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    great thanks !!
    Toronto
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Boil a pot of water on the stove. Put the thermo in the boiling water. A set of tongs over the pot is a nice support mechanism. If it doesn't read 100*C, take it out and turn the nut on the back in the direction you need it to go. Put it back in the boiling water to confirm you got it, adjust again if needed. This is at sea level, if considerably higher, might be different temp for boiling. Of course you could also adjust for current atmospheric pressure if you want...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Chris_Wang‌...dang your your fast. Looked like I was first responder & boom. Lol
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • DMW
    Options
    Man I'm slow...beer has an impact.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • pantsypants
    Options
    awesome !!
    anyone know how to calibrate a digi q ?
    Toronto
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    DMW said:

Boil a pot of water on the stove. Put the thermo in the boiling water. A set of tongs over the pot is a nice support mechanism. If it doesn't read 100*C, take it out and turn the nut on the back in the direction you need it to go. Put it back in the boiling water to confirm you got it, adjust again if needed. This is at sea level, if considerably higher, might be different temp for boiling. Of course you could also adjust for current atmospheric pressure if you want...

:-? @DMW‌ you use Celsius vs Fahrenheit?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Chris_Wang
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ Simultaneous posts... We both lose!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• DMW
    Options

DMW said:

You can find 212*F on your thermo? 100*C is labeled nicely.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Chris_Wang
    Options
    @DMW you win

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Chris_Wang
    Options
    No clue about the digiq pantsy.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• pantsypants
    Options
    Ok I will check a place called google
    Thanks
    Toronto
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    DMW said:

DMW said:

True dat. I only ask because some Chefs and Sous Chefs alike use this unit of temp measurement. Well pretty much everyone uses it except for Americans (i proudly use Fahrenheit :-D).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Chris_Wang
    edited April 2014
    Options
    GTS: Google That $#^+.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• DMW
    Options

DMW said:

DMW said:

True dat. I only ask because some Chefs and Sous Chefs alike use this unit of temp measurement. Well pretty much everyone uses it except for Americans (i proudly use Fahrenheit :-D).
    If 212* was marked, I'd use that. I'm Mercian!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• pantsypants
    Options
    I got it sorted out thanks !!!
    also calibrated the digi q 

I am ready to party !!!!
    B-)
    Toronto