Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Re-heating Ribs

Options
gmac
gmac Posts: 1,814
I made a big mess of ribs today and the kids didn't eat as much as expected.  I've got 3 whole racks and I've already put them in a zip-lock and put them in the freezer since we won't eat them for  few days.

Is there a best way to re-heat ribs when the time comes to eat up the leftovers?  I've read a few times about re-heating brisket in a water bath but I don't have a food-saver etc so they are just in the zip-loc.
Thanks

Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Ribs reheat the best, outside of tap water.  Wrap in foil, but first add some apple juice or something liquid that will steam, and put in the oven. Or egg if you want to really work it.
    Options
    Whatever you do, just avoid the microwave.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Actually, I find the micro entirely acceptable for ribs and pulled pork (unsauced), based on the way it heats. One of our resident engineers could explain it better, but as I understand it a microwave heats the water molecules in a food. Water boils at 212 (not too far above done temp for ribs or pp) whether in a micro or on a stove, so on a low setting, can bring the ribs up to temp fairly evenly without worries about over cooking which you would worry about with meats done at a lower temp. Just my two cents.

Also, the majority of your "moisture" sensation in ribs comes from liquified fat, that's why undercooked ribs feel dry, so you don't have to worry about drying them out in the microwave
    Pentwater, MI