Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Artachoke ideas please

Options
six_egg
six_egg Posts: 1,110
I have never bought them but would like to try them out. They looked good in pictures. please post or direct me to a good receipe.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Cut all but about 1/4-12" of the stem off and about the same from the top. Steam them for about 10-15 minutes. Cut in half from top to bottom. Sprinkle a little evoo on the cut faces and add season with s&p. Cook on the egg raised direct around 350* for another 15-20 minutes.

Eat them by peeling off the leaves and scraping the felshy iiner side against your teeth. Once you've eaten all of the leaves, cut out the "choke" (that's all the fuzzy stuff) and eat the heart.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Chicken thighs stuffed with artichokes, spinach and cheese. ..wib.

Wrap a heart in bacon and grill as an app
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN