Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ever see an Egg on the curb? (picture)

Options

Looks like enough money a few short years ago to have a large egg.

People say eggs are too much premium cost or your just paying for the name....compared to what?

Comments

• abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    It looks like someone recently bought a big green egg!

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• SmokinOutBack
    Options
    Some people will just never get it. And that's okay.
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    What a waste of good eggcessory storage space. I hope you picked them up and gave your toys a good home.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options

this is exactly why I bought an egg,   last for ever,   not the smoke, I do like playing with the fire,  and I wish I would have registered the warrantee in my sons name, as he gets it when I can use it any more.

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    The day I got my egg the rusted/falling apart rebuilt several times over gasser hit the curb. Minus the c.i. breakfast griddle because it fit into my LBGE perfectly. Nothing wrong w/ gassers or stick burners but, after using my egg there is no comparison and no going back for me personally.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    caliking said:
    What a waste of good eggcessory storage space. I hope you picked them up and gave your toys a good home.
    I totally agree. I have an old charcoal grill that I was getting ready to toss, but I store all of my chips and other stuff on it and in it now. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • budsrq
    budsrq Posts: 8
    Options
    I keep my gasser around till I build something better, it's great for the tools and the side burner lights my lump fast.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Sarasota, Fl.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    My current old gaser is about 18 years old and I have replaced parts in it over the years and finally sold my better half that an egg would be better and around longer. I am going to get rid of it soon but using it to store things may be a good idea. I am keeping my WMS around for when I have to do a big cook.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.