Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt - 2 Sauces - Carolina Slaw

Options
MJH
MJH Posts: 102
6 lb. Butt - my first - went on at 7 am and has been smoking over hickory-&-cherry-augmented lump at 250 (I still become giddy over how well LBGE holds it's temp forever). Hoping to pull it at 5 or so (in time for basketball). Making Wicker's sauce and a mustard-vinegar sauce as well as a simple vinegar slaw and sweet potato wedges.

Pics to follow when the dream is realized.

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Well, we're waiting. How'd you make out
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• MJH
    MJH Posts: 102
    Options
    Well, that was weird. According to the thermo, I idled at 175 forEVER. Abt 4 hours. After listening to the cre whine, I pulled it. Thermo said 185 and it was exquisite. But everyone was so hungry and impatient that I didn't take the time to document. Using the leftovers to make Cuban sandwiches for dinner tonight.

I am Texan, so Butt isn't really our thing and I've never been a big pulled pork fan. I just wanted to see what my BGE was capable of. Suffice to say that I am now a pulled pork guy. Everyone loved it.