Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri Tip in Lancaster, PA

Options
Shiff
Shiff Posts: 1,835
This week (through Tuesday, April 8) Stauffer's market in the Lancaster area (and maybe elsewhere in PA) has Tri Tip on sale for $5.99/pound.  They are the only market that carries it regularly in this area - Shady Maple will order it for you.  Stauffers is trimmed and they looked good today.
Large BGE
Barry, Lancaster, PA

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Funny how the prices for Tri-tip are so different based on what part of the country you live in. Here in CA Tri-Tip is plentiful. I bought it a few days ago @ my local market for $3.99 .. and I thought that was expensive. By summer - it'll drop even lower. 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Stauffer's of Kissel Hill?
    Mark Annville, PA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Not readily available in Atlanta but at Costco it runs about $5.99 per lb.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I'll be doing my first Tri Tip today. $8.00lb. From our meat market that gets it's meat from local farmers. You think it would be cheaper if it's local meat.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Shiff
    Options
    Stauffer's of Kissel Hill?
    That's the one.  They have 4  or so stores in the Lancaster area and a few elsewhere.  Here is a link to their locations: http://www.skh.com/locations/  be sure to check the store flyer to make sure they are for sale at the one nearest you.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Shiff
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Funny how the prices for Tri-tip are so different based on what part of the country you live in. Here in CA Tri-Tip is plentiful. I bought it a few days ago @ my local market for $3.99 .. and I thought that was expensive. By summer - it'll drop even lower. 
    Meat prices have been rising lately. The regular price for Tri Tip at Stauffers (when they have it) is $6.69.  Costco doesn't carry it around here.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA