Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My egg is about to have a big brother

Options
Jeremiah
Jeremiah Posts: 6,412

Had to travel to Athens, GA tonight to get it (6.5 hrs round trip) and it was supposed to be a 250 gallon tank. To my surprise it's 500! Wife just requests that the camper gets finished before I begin this build. Now just to keep it hidden from the HOA. :-@
Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Score!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Good stuff man! Eager to see the build progression!

I'm not skilled enough to build one, so I'm having a pit master in Austin build me one! ;)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Jeremiah
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I've been a fabricator since 13 but never done a smoker. From what I've been reading, it's all about percentages. Basically the firebox needs to be 1/3 the cook chamber. There's detailed plans on smokerbuilder.com. I'm gonna buy a set. :-B
  • cazzy
    edited April 2014
    Options
    That's awesome man! I'm just a geek and I'd gladly trade that skill set for yours.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Time to move! Put that together in the driveway!
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    cazzy said:

That's awesome man! I'm just a geek and I'd gladly trade that skill set for yours.

Oh I see we're you're going with that...

;)
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I see a plasma torch in big brothers future. Awesome man! That will be a hellava sweet ass stick burner.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • cazzy
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

cazzy said:

Oh I see we're you're going with that...

;)
    Lol :))
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    umm....I don't get it...  That's going to hold 500 gallons of charcoal starter/lighter fluid?
    Options
    Propane for a gas egg. He wants our heads to explode.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    MAPP gas would work better....
    Options
    The egg is Muggsy Bogues and the tank is Manute Bol haha
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice, looking forward to seeing it progress.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Double Bogey
    Options
    Now that looks like a project that will keep you busy for a while.  I hope you provide picture updates throughout your build..  Are you making a stationary pit or a mobile one?
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Appreciate the comments. This is a project that's gonna have to take a back burner until the camper and patio are finished. I've been hunting a 250 gallon tank for several months and just couldn't pass this one up. Good thing is it'll give me time to properly flush it out. My working plan is it'll be trailer mounted, and be sectioned off 2/3 rf smoker, 1/3 direct grill. I really enjoy building stuff sometimes more so than actually using them, this I figure will be neat for block parties, work cookouts and race track tailgating. Here's a pic of the not-nearly-finished teardrop camper. :)image