Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some Cooks

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200

We've been pretty busy up in the Griffin household lately. Haven't been cooking much. Except for plain ole stuff. Last weekend, the weather finally co-operated and we were able to finish up Mrs. G's pallet table. Still need to finish the Egg table. maybe this weekend...

Cooked up a flat iron steak Sunday

Mrs. G whipped up some brussel sprouts with some kind of cheese sauce and I made some mashed taters.

Monday, I cooked up some spatchcock chickens for dinner and eats during the week. Seasoned with JH Texas Chicken Tickler and DP Tsunami Spin. I'll probably catch flack for this, but lately I've switched to raised INDIRECT for chicken. I find that when I eat leftovers, its just too smoky. All that fat dripping on the coals can generate quite a bit of smoke. I've been pleased with going indirect to avoid that. Just a personal thing.

That's about it from here. Sorry I haven't been posting much. Life and work has been keeping me real busy.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments