Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cover for table

Options
I'm looking for a cover for my table that's home for my large egg. Dimensions of table are 32Hx60Wx29D. Looking for a price range of $50-100. I have a covered patio but sick of wheeling in and out for every cook. Thanks!
Atlanta, GA

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,676
    Options
    IMO and what I do: no cover.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• brock9281
    brock9281 Posts: 64
    Options
    Thought about leaving uncovered but would like to keep egg and table looking new
    Atlanta, GA
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Bought some table grill cover from SAMs about 2.5 years ago and paid $30 and it's still going strong even in the Texas heat.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• xiphoid007
    xiphoid007 Posts: 536
    Options
    The table I built is of similar dimensions. The xl bge cover should fit. If I remember its about $100. U pay for the name, but it is a nice, durable cover. I have a covered porch, but I use the cover just the keep it cleaner.

I'm sure u could just leave it exposed, or find another cover cheaper, but there is something to be said for paying for a little convenience.
    Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE
  • brock9281
    brock9281 Posts: 64
    Options
    Has the BGE cover leaked for you? I've also heard good reviews for Duck Covers as well as the Cover Store. Anyone have these?
    Atlanta, GA
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options

I have been looking into contacting an awning company to custom sew one from awning material that could snap onto the table for those lovely wind-storms that creep up from time to time....

Whatta yall think?

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• xiphoid007
    xiphoid007 Posts: 536
    Options
    Hasn't leaked, but it's still under a porch. I use it mainly for keeping off dirt. I've had a decent amount to snow on it this winter with no leaking.
    Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    brock9281 said:
    Has the BGE cover leaked for you? I've also heard good reviews for Duck Covers as well as the Cover Store. Anyone have these?

I have the BGE cover. I like it, but it does leak.
    NOLA
  • revolver1
    revolver1 Posts: 372
    Options
    Try "the cover store".
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • jamco
    jamco Posts: 13
    Options
    I've had a duck cover for 3 months with no issues.  Works great.
  • Nathan_C
    Nathan_C Posts: 32
    Options
    I have a duck cover on a large table. I am not satisfied with it. The wind blows it off way too easily, and it tore within the first 2 weeks at one of the corner points of the table. I wish I had "chamfered" or rounded the corners on my table more to help prevent this, but I didn't know it would be a future problem at the time, so I will take part of the blame on the tearing.

It does seem to be very waterproof. Will be purchasing a heavier cover when this one wears out.
    West Fargo, ND
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    Had to replace the original cover on my large BGE table after about 5 yrs. Wife got me a "Large" BGE cover for Christmas. Table is 60 " long and the cover would not go over the handles on one end. Took it back to the dealer and he exchanged it for the XL table cover no questions asked. That's when I found out how very pricey the BGE cover was. Over 100.00...yikes! Good cover tho, does not leak.

Opelika, Alabama