Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LawnRanger is the Master

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
Mike made these custom to lift this grate. These will lift a 747. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Beautiful! BTW how much does that cool new grate of yours weigh?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Man I wish he was still making stuff regularly! I would love to have some more tools made by Mike.
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited March 2014
    Options
    RRP said:
    Beautiful! BTW how much does that cool new grate of yours weigh?

14 lbs. feels like 40
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    GeorgeS said:
    Man I wish he was still making stuff regularly! I would love to have some more tools made by Mike.
    I would just like some...
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I have one of his grid lifters and it is a piece of art! I got in touch with him about a month or so ago and it sounds like he's just taking it easy and working on spoons. Can't say I blame him though!
    photo 60C53697-6081-434A-8AE7-A35E109E807F_zpslfxqx4mj.jpg
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!