Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some comfort food, baby backs and chix

Options
Richard Fl
Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
edited March 2014 in EggHead Forum
Chicken, Drumsticks, Thighs, Baby Back Ribs Turbo 

Now that the Sunshine Fest '14 is in the record books, Salado is history and St Patty's Day will come again next year, thought I would get back to earth with some cooking for a 3 day Country Jamboree this weekend here in Melbooring with Toby Keith, Keith Urban and several others. 
Nothing fancy for the cook but the chicken was dried overnight in the frig in paper towels, seasoned with flour, bread crumbs, little Panko and seasoning of choice, this method gets a very crispy skin even with some sauce at the end. 
The ribs are just old baby backs done the turbo method. Chicken cooked indirect @ 350F for 60 minutes and was sauced at the 45 minute mark. The ribs were done after the chicken just the same temp and method. Peach wood was used throughout. 

PROCEDURE: 

1. Rinse and dry the chicken. Place in paper towels and into the refrigerator overnight. 

2. Take out of refrigerator and shake in a bag with Panko, Italian bread crumbs, little flour and seasoning of choice. 

3. Placed the thighs and yes there are 6 legs hanging under the thighs on my wing rack, used peach wood chunks, indirect @ 350F for 45 minutes-no sauce-. Sauced the last 15 minutes. 

4. After 1 hour they were in the 170F-180'F range and still retained their crispyness. 

5. Next were the ribs done the rocket (turbo) method. 

6. 2 hours same setup and pulled without adding any sauce. I like to let individuals choose their own sauce. 

7. Thanks for hanging in for just a regular cook. 

Recipe Type: Barbecue, Main Dish, Meat, Poultry

Comments