Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Friday Night Fish

Will be the theme for the next few weeks. Salmon was lightly coated with olive oil the. Dusted with DP Raging River onto a 400 degree raised direct on the small. Onions on the side brushed with canola, salt and pepper grilled until tender. Fish pulled at 145 and plated with grilled onion, whole grain rice, carrots and just for fun a little leftover Mac n cheese blue box from the boys. Salmon was very good and grilled onion was awesome.image

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

Comments

• leo123leo123 Posts: 98
    looks good to me. 
     I have a large egg and was thinking about a small to go along with it. Do you like your small egg?
  • Thanks @leo123‌, love the small. Use it most of the time as it's just the wife and 2 kids and works for majority or the cooks. 

NW IA

• buzd504buzd504 Posts: 2,217
    145 seems high for salmon.
    NOLA
  • Brisket_FanaticBrisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,482
    edited March 2014
    Usually aim for 140, which is the safe temp, but this got away from me but still very moist and tender

NW IA

• buzd504buzd504 Posts: 2,217
    It certainly looks good.
    NOLA
  • Thanks!

NW IA

if you like salmon you should try this recipe. I made it a couple of times and it always turned out great.
      I love the seasonings of this recipe. Even if you don't use the plank. But the plank is good as well.

not sure if the link went through

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,070
    Since we eat it raw I don't worry about temp so much.  We pull ours in the low 130's or when the albumin starts to leak out.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

• Since we eat it raw I don't worry about temp so much.  We pull ours in the low 130's or when the albumin starts to leak out.
    I agree and also eat sushi grade salmon, however the stuff I buy is not that grade so I cook to 140, just my preference.

NW IA

• leo123 said:
    not sure if the link went through

Sounds good, will give it a try

NW IA