Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

See anything problems with this setup? Raised with bricks.

Options

Do any problems ever occur with this setup?  Airflow issues, brick exploding??? And yes this is my temporary setup until I get a Adjustable Rig.

MN. LBGE. Vikings. Beer. YETI 75.

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    edited March 2014
    Options
    That's sort of what I do for raised direct. I put two bricks on my CI grid (that's on the fire ring) and then my SS grid on top of the bricks. Works fine...

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Looks like you are somehow placing the bricks on the top of the fire box and not the ring...may be a fog induced vision on Sat night.  Please clarify if my clouded observations miss the mark.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    That (or similar) has been my temporary setup for over 4 years now. For the cooking I do, I see no reason to spring for an AR. Great toy... I just don't need one.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I'd put the bricks between the fire ring and the grate.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I'd put the bricks between the fire ring and the grate.

+1.  I don't think I ever would have thought to raise the fire ring.  That doesn't seem like a good idea.
    NOLA
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    Oh now I see where the bricks actually are. Yeah, I agree with the above posts. Fire ring, then bricks, then grid.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer