Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Fry Daddy

Options
Shrimp, oysters, & Halibut. This works real good for two people as you should wait till back to 400 before doing next basket. Very good lunch. imageimageimage
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Great stuff Mick!  You should do that at the fest!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Yep. That looks good.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    cazzy said:
    D
    I am thinking about it. Very good stuff, just not lots of it.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks great, still trying to decide if I trust myself enough to fry on the egg...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mickey
    Options
    DMW said:
    Looks great, still trying to decide if I trust myself enough to fry on the egg...

I use the Mini lots. I don't use the large.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Mickey said:
    cazzy said:
    D
    I have a surprise i'm working on for the fest!  If I can execute it properly, should be a hit!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Mickey
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Mickey said:
    cazzy said:
    D
    I have a surprise i'm working on for the fest!  If I can execute it properly, should be a hit!

The only thing that could top your wings is wings and Blue Bell ice cream.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Looks great! What size pan is that? I need one for my mini.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Looks great! What size pan is that? I need one for my mini.

Call Ms Chan at the WokShop in SF (google it) and tell her you have a Mini Egg. Ask her to preseason it ( only $5). You can't go wrong. Now mine is sitting on the Mini Woo.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    cazzy said:

Mickey said:

cazzy said:

D

Muskrat brownies?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • allsid
    allsid Posts: 492
    Options
    @mickey How long did you fry the halibut?

I just got back from Costco with 40 bucks worth and don't want to mess it up-

Thanks!
    Proud resident of Missoula, MT
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingMontana
    http://grillingmontana.com
    https://instagram.com/grillingmontana

Check out my book on Kamado cooking called Exclusively Kamado:
    http://bit.ly/kamadobook

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Beautiful. Love it as a fryer.
    Seattle, WA
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Look's great, but are you nervous about that amount of oil over an open flame?  With my luck, I'd be buying a new deck.......or worse!! @-)

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Looks awesome, and I don't have a mini but I have to agree with Mike, I get nervous with less then a 1/8th of an inch of oil in my dutch oven to brown roasts.  That's typically on the medium. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Mickey said:
    cazzy said:
    D

Get the PitMaster and you will not need to worry about the "execution" part. b-(
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    Don't ever spill that pan of oil.
    Gittin' there...
  • Mickey
    Options
    allsid said:
    @mickey How long did you fry the halibut?

I just got back from Costco with 40 bucks worth and don't want to mess it up-

Thanks!

Not long. You noticed how small cut. About 3 min or so till browned.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    ^:)^ Damn @Mickey !! That looks good!! So 400F dome temp? I've been wanting to try that for awhile, but I always end up grabbing the turkery fryer thingee and a large cast iron skillet instead. Great thing is the house doesn't smell afterwards.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Options
    Griffin said:
    ^:)^ Damn @Mickey !! That looks good!! So 400F dome temp? I've been wanting to try that for awhile, but I always end up grabbing the turkery fryer thingee and a large cast iron skillet instead. Great thing is the house doesn't smell afterwards.
    400 oil temp. After each fry allow it to get back to 400 as well.