Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon burgers with lemon dill sauce

Options
caliking
caliking Posts: 18,731
edited January 2014 in EggHead Forum
I was lazy, so used salmon burgers from Costco instead of making from scratch.

Grilled some asparagus (EVOO, some kind of Lebanese rub I found in my pantry, fresh cracked pepper).

The sauce was made with EVOO, hung yogurt, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, horseradish, red wine vinegar, capers, onion, lemon juice, lemon zest, a touch of sugar, and sea salt. Whisked it all together and let it get friendly for a bit while I cooked the burgers. The burgers were dusted with DP Tsunami Spin.

Plated shot. Turned out to be a great lunch. I made a few extra, thinking I would eat them for lunch during the week but they all got eaten.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I don't think I could ever sneak a salmon burger on my wife's plate. Lol

Looks good!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • caliking
    Options
    @cazzy - we eat salmon every now and then, but I would not have bought salmon burgers. SWMBO bought them for quick meals and I'm glad she did. We had a full house over the weekend, and everyone liked these.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I think they look great and a healthy alternative. I like the sound of that sauce, bet it was perfect for them burgers.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I am impressed you are managing to get any cooking done with the new arrival.  Those look really good.  I might have to check those out sometime.  I live having some kind of convenience food in the freezer that I can just throw on the grill like this.  I'm sure it is healthier than a bubba burger ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• caliking
    Options
    @Griffin - I used 1/4 cup light mayo, 1/4 cup light sour cream and 1 cup fat free yogurt, so the sauce was pretty healthy as well.

• caliking
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt - I couldn't take it anymore and had to cook! Funny thing is that my timing has improved exceptionally since cooks have to be planned around feeds.