Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I know they're just pork chops but...

Options
Jeremiah
Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
holy crap these were good. I've been resisting the temptation of posting cooks but I couldn't pass this one up! They were about 1 1/2" thick, rubbed with dp dizzy dust, Everglades, and pepper. The fries were fresh and I lathered them as well with dp swamp venom. The freaking fries tried but still failed to steal the show. Of course it was all washed down with plenty of yuengling. My wife "helped" with a can of green beans as well. image
Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Very nice! Just finished up our leftover chops tonight.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    edited January 2014
    Options
    How do you get all that stuff to stay on the ceiling? Just kidding it all looks great.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options

I've had that same perspective after knocking down a few to many.

Chops look good, what temperature did you cook them to?

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Looks great! Swamp Venom Fries---I'm freaking down!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Thanks guys for the comments, I did 300 ish, raised direct then 500 ish till 140-150 it. One was a little overdone because I'm a dumbass and put one infront of the other rather than side by side.

Now just to get the smoke out of my living room, @cazzy. ;)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.