Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deli meat recipes?

Options
Getting my meat slicer soon, anyone have some recipes they have had success with?

JT

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy JT.
    My kids just started college, but when they were in school here I always made their lunchmeat. It's really easy, and so much better than deli meat. I actually wrote up my recipe, but don't have a direct link. Almost though, it was in our 4th newsletter….go here and click on the Lunch Meat tab.

You can do it with any lean roast, pork or beef or even turkey breast.
    Enjoy your slicer!!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    Using the cow lick is the meat spicy/peppery?
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    I got a slicer for Christmas, and just last Sunday cooked an eye of round and a Turkey breast which I sliced for sandwiches.  I coated the round with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick rub and cooked indirect to about 125 internal, then rested and gave a reverse sear.  Chilled in the fridge overnight, then sliced it up.  Got rave reviews at a new years party, plus have a couple of pounds packaged up for the next couple of weeks.  

The turkey breast was a 7 lb whole turkey breast which I seasoned with DP Raging River.  It is really good, but it really kind of fell apart when sliced - so it does not look so nice.  Still makes a great sandwich, but I may seek another more prepared "turkey" for the next attempt.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    When browned directly, the pepper mellows a little bit. But when you slice there is only seasoning along the edges, so it's actually very pleasant as a whole. The kids even liked it back in elementary school, so it's not too peppery. You can always use less seasoning, and more salt….or whatever seasoning you like.

Cheers
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ