Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buffalo Chicken Cheese Balls

jls9595
jls9595 Posts: 1,533
They were very different but good. I will make again with at least one change I will mention.

The recipe called for pulling the meat from a rotisserie chicken from the store but I just used 4 thighs and 2 boneless breast because I had them on hand already.  Cooked the chicken raised direct after marinating in Texas Pete Buffalo sauce.
imageimage
I will definitely not be using mild next time, they could have used a little more kick.

Pulled the chicken and "discarded" the skin
Seasoned with this stuff, it's a bbq joint where I spent alot of mytime when I lived in Memphis
Then I chopped it fine with my processor, a step I will probably skip next time because it just changes the texture too much for my liking.  It does allow for uniform "balls" though.  Added cheese, can't remember how much maybe 1 cup and a half? Also added more buffalo sauce and mixed it all in and let sit in the fridge to firm.
Added green onions right before I formed into balls.  Dipped each into flour for a light coating, then egg(I used three eggs beaten) then panko bread crumbs.
imageimage

Deep fry for 2-4 minutes in 350 degree oil.  I did it in my new wok.  It did get a little char on the wood handles, oops.
imageimage
They turned out crispy on the outside and cheesy chicken goodness on the inside.  Serve with ranch or blue cheese.
In Manchester, TN
Vol For Life!

Comments