Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roast Beef Sandwiches----Question

Options
I bought a 3 pound London broil and set it up 400° indirect with a drip pan for Au Jus. When should I pull it and switch to direct for reverse sear: Around 115° internal?
Athens, GA
XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Do want rare, medium rare?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Options
    Med rare
    Athens, GA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Well..110, 10 degrees on the sear, 5 degree rise while resting? Or add 5 degrees to everything.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Options
    Pulled at 112 and then the sear got away from me. Still got it off at 130 internal temp and only tented until there was a little juice in the plate below. Sliced thin, right at mid rare, mid rare +. Topped with some swiss, spread on a little horseradish sauce, and topped with sautéed mushrooms and onions on toasted hoagie rolls. Good stuff.....even my 3 yr old and 1 yr old boys were digging in.
    Athens, GA
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    try London Broil with Chimichurri sauce.  (like pesto except made with parsley/lemon instead of basil). Also goes great on 1.5" thick pork chops.  

I generally do LB at 600 med-rare (~128-ish) then slice very thin. Mmmmmmmmm