Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Santa brought me a looftlighter with a dented heat shield

Options
In addition to many other wonderful presents.  Only question is the looftlighter out of the box has a minor dent in the heat shield about the size of a golf ball.  The dent is not deep enough to touch the pipe inside.   Wondering if this will affect performance.  Haven't had a chance to try it out yet.  I am on the fence about returning it for one that does not have the dent, but if its only a cosmetic flaw it wouldn't be a big deal.  Any thoughts or opinions?

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,922
    Options
    I'd return it - obviously it had been dropped or whacked hard so maybe something else is defective inside now.
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    +1 - exchange
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,047
    Options
    I agree with RRP. I asked a similar question on the other forum about my brand new fridge. My fridge was delivered an hour earlier and when unpacking I noticed a few plastic door bins looked like they were kicked across the floor and then placed in the fridge. Being only cosmetic I asked what others thought. The major concensus was to get replacements as you are buying new and deserve new.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    Absolutely return it. If you pay for a brand new product that's what you should get. Any flaw cosmetic or otherwise means the price should be adjusted accordingly.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    Replace
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I tend to agree.  My father in law paid $79.99 from Ceramic Grill Works and I sent them an email for return instructions.  I imagine they will tell me to just send it back and they will get another one to me.  Until then I will finish up my remaining starter cubes.  I appreciate everyone's input.