Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

gaskett came off after pizza cook - help

so i cooked pizza at 700 and now my gasket has come off.

what do i do ? ?
Toronto

Comments

• You can go without or install a rutland. I did nekkid for years but I would strongly recommend the rutland with the permatex ultra copper. Contact RRP about the gasket and you can get the permatex at Crappy Tire

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,191
    alright thanks .
    its half on should i just leave it like that until monday ?
    i am about to cold smoke some bacon and was planning on doing wings tomorrow night ,
    I think my gasket should also be under warranty
    Toronto
  • It doesn't matter. Anything they will offer you will suck. I may have enough left over to help you out. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Sounds good thanks
    Toronto
    Does this happen often ??
    Toronto
  • What size is your egg?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Large
    Toronto
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 11,553
    Does this happen often ??
    Not with a Rutland. Mine's been on for about 4 years, thru all sorts of cooks (including 900° pizza). Still looks like new, except a little dirty. :) RRP's has been on for even longer. 7-8 years maybe? I forget.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DeckhandDeckhand Posts: 318
    Nothing like the Rutland/Permatex combo... Lifetime investment.  Do NOT use the cement that comes with the Rutland kit.  It becomes as hard as the ceramic and cannot be removed. Permatex retains some flexability and can be removed should you wish to replace the Rutland gasket.  (Don't know why you would want to do that, though)