Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Time Baby Back

Options
xiphoid007
xiphoid007 Posts: 536
Luckily from reading this forum I discovered that there is only one correct way to smoke ribs. . .

Uh, yeah, not so much. I went with a simple rub per Alton Brown's 8 3 1 1 rule. I skipped the mustard just 'cause. Smoked 4 hrs with applewood. Then wrapped 2 and coated the rest with sweet baby rays. Pretty darn good. Just a little tough, but I'm more of a FOBT kinda guy. Excellent smoke flavor. The wife was worried the smoke would be too strong, but it was perfect!

Thinking of smoking for 3 next time, foiling for 1, then sauce up for 1 more, but I welcome suggestions. 

Not a smoke ring to speak of, but as I understand it, the smoke ring is a chemical reaction and has nothing to do with actual smoke penetration, so I'm not too upset.

Here's a pic of the final product, one with and one without sauce. Not too shabby for my first time!

Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE

Comments