Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

possible 30 dollar temp contoller

fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,510
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
i use the origional temp controller by guru that works with a spring on the top vent as oppossed to the blower fan on the intake, this is the first ive seen for a similar device that could be modified for use on an egg. my guru is a set it and forget it vent controller that holds temps around 235 plus or minus 10 by simply resting it on the top vent. this looks very similar in how it works and may have a better range in temps if anyone wants to experiment
http://www.tiptoptemp.com/

this was the origional guru pitmaster before the age of high tech for those that havent seen one

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,166
    Maybe I'm not getting this - how would it be different from using the daisy wheel to adjust temp?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,368
    it would adjust the opening if the grill becomes too hot or cold.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,030
    edited October 2013
    BACON!

@fishlessman, I'd love to find that original guru.  This looks cool - but it isn't automated.. (edited)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.