Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First pork tenderloin...

Options
I've had this in the freezer for a while, just waiting to tickle my taste buds! I was looking for a recipe with a sweet glaze, so I went with this one:

I've gotta say, the glaze was excellent and the pork was 'cut with a fork' tender. This recipe is highly recommended.

I went direct, raised grid at 350º till it hit 150º even though I was aiming for 140º!

With rub before grilling:

During and after grilling:

I also had some beef tenderloin I wanted to make to go with it.

I work at a meat locker. When we trim up beef tenderloins to make those little cute, expensive bacon wrapped nuggets you see at the counter, we trim a good sized strip of meat lengthwise from the tenderloin. We normally throw that piece in with the ground beef pile, a testament to just how much great meat gets wasted at a meat locker. It's an absolute travesty, but I digress! 

Sometimes I grab this piece, bring it home and trim the hunks of fat off. What's left is pure gold.

I cut this one in half to make it more manageable: 

Could have used another minute on the BGE, but these things happen!

I used a regional beef rub that I bought at the farmers market today to dust it with. 

Topped everything off with some fresh made potato salad. Excellent!

Comments