Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Salsa with Black Beans and Corn

CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,186
Up here on the North Coast, my garden and all the local farms are wrapping up the growing season, and tomatoes, peppers, and onions are all abundant and cheap if you don't grow your own.  For the last 4 years I have been making and canning this cooked salsa with black beans and corn.  Between Saturday and tonight I laid up 26 pints, it will get us through the year, plus it's a great neighbor gift and take along when being invited.  Cooking on the egg has nothing to do with it, so it is OT, but thought I would share the recipe.  It is a bit of work chopping everything, but it is amazing salsa, always gets rave reviews.image
pdf
pdf
Cookinbob's salsa.pdf
salsa jars.jpg
1718 x 1907 - 277K
XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
Rochester, NY

Comments