Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

This weekend - more Ham (Egret's Maple Bourbon)

As promised to the family, i'll do some more Ham for everyone coming out this weekend. Im going to do a 10 lb tonight, and a 15 lb'r tomorrow morning. I really am hoping to have some leftovers this time, but if not i have another 10 lb'r hiding in the garage fridge. Hope everyone has a great weekend coming up. Weather is holding out nice here, some snow in parts of the province already, but we will be close to 20 C (68 F) for the weekend. It is dipping to below freezing over night though. Going to burn a lot of wood for camp fires this weekend. Post some pics later on. Have a great one, its almost rum time!
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,514
    Very good ham
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Was thinking on the way home, i dont want to serve the little one I am cooking tonight (10 lbs) cold tomorrow, and dont really want to slice it and nuke it. I have plenty of ham so i was looking for a nice sauce/glaze that i can make to put it this one in tomorrow and heat in the oven when tomorrows is done. Pineapple or something? Im sure we can just wing it and make one. Just looking to see if there are any good ones from you folks?
  • Basically slice the little on up and reheat in a sauce.
  • Just put the little 10 lb'r on, and injected the big guy. A little late I know. using Apple wood for the little one, and Cherry for the big guy.

• JebpotJebpot Posts: 347
    Looking good!!!!!

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• egretegret Posts: 4,036
    edited September 2013
    I often do these at fests, but, I cook them ahead of time and re-heat in double-wrapped foil. They come out out for that bone on the flat side. It needs a little more reinforcement to keep from punching a hole in the foil!
  • C'mon John, you have your personal chef cook it. I don't even think the chili is your own. ;)

Caledon, ON

• egretegret Posts: 4,036
    C'mon John, you have your personal chef cook it. I don't even think the chili is your own. ;)
    I really have Joan trained well, though! Hahaha........I stole the chili recipe from Sunburn!! :)
  • AlbertaEggerAlbertaEgger Posts: 1,038

Just catching up from the weekend. Hams turned out great again. Had some leftovers this time. Thanks again Egret.

Few pictures of the leaves turning as well. Supposed to get some snow tonight.