Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

London Broil

Picked up a CAB London broil on a market special this morning. It is a small one. Just barely over one pound. How do I marinade, season, and cook it? Like a steak? Indirect? Raised direct? How is it done? Where is the LB pro @hapster ?

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• In Canada London Broil is a flank stuffed with sausage rolled and cut into individual servings. US London broil is a cut from the round. I know it is cooked hot and fast but that's all I know.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,289

shtgunal3 said:
    Picked up a CAB London broil on a market special this morning. It is a small one. Just barely over one pound. How do I marinade, season, and cook it? Like a steak? Indirect? Raised direct? How is it done? Where is the LB pro @hapster ?
    LOL...

I do it pretty much like a big steak... nice coating of Montreal Steak seasoning or the rub of your choice. If you have a spider and CI grate, perfect. Get it right above the coals and then give it 4-5min a side and then flip. Once you have it done on both sides, move it up to a raised direct position if possible and do it at about 8min a side while checking for temp. With the egg at about 375 - 400... keep flipping every 5-8 min till the IT is 135-138. Take it off and let it rest for about 15 min or so and you should be good!
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,929
    Awesome @hapster thanks.

You ever tried marinating in allegro or anything?

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,453
    I like to marinate in oil, honey, garlic and soy. Cook it direct (the honey creates a nice bark) to rare/med rare. Slice thin across the grain.
  • I have marinated it in a chimichurri sauce (12-24hrs) then removed all of the "green" before cooking.  Cook hot (5-650) until desired temp (we like it pushing medium).  Then serve with chimichurri on the side as a dip.... YYYUUUUUMMMMMM!!!!!!

sides: grilled asparagus, fresh tomato slices, corn-on-the-cob. 
  • radamoradamo Posts: 365
    @Tjcoley made a good point... Remember to cut across the grain.  You will wind up with much tenderer slices.  LB tends to be a bit tougher than some other cuts.  But it can be very tasty.  

Long Island, NY